If you feel that your efforts on Facebook are in vain, you will love this guide. First I will share my strategies and super tips to get the most out of Facebook and then I will give you access to a super course that my friends Alfonso and Christian have created. Through this course you will be able to deepen more about your management and especially about Facebook Ads. So that you can get the most out of this guide, I have divided the contents into categories and at the end I added the instructions to redeem the course.
Management on Facebook
To have an optimal management on Facebook I recommend the following strategies, tactics and tools:
- Let your organic post live for 6-8 hours before promoting it with Facebook Ads
- Use segmentation to direct your posts directly to your target audience. I usually use it to communicate content by country.
- Schedule content directly from Facebook to save time or if you prefer, use external tools like Postcron, Hootsuite and BufferApp.
- If you want to create contests to increase your community of followers and retain your current fans, I recommend using Bloonder, it is my startup for creating contests. The first contest on Facebook is free. Remember that you can’t force your contest participants to be a fan to participate, but you can always add the option without it being mandatory. In most cases they will “like” you.
- Try asking questions in your posts to encourage your fans to leave comments.
- Respond to comments on your posts, even if it’s by “liking.”
- Make 80% of your fan page content public and only 20% promotional for your brand.
- Recycle existing content by changing the focus with new text and better images.
- Use Facebook albums to create creative compositions. Look at the Lima Ilustra page so you can see how well they do it.
- Don’t obsess over reach, focus on clicks and conversions. It’s the same as telling you, don’t talk to me about likes, talk to me about euros.
- Use good visual resources to make your fans fall in love. For this management I recommend my pack that has templates to create more than 550 publications on social networks or the Canva tool.
- Create good headlines for your posts, remember that copywriting can help you get more clicks. You also don’t need to turn into these sensationalist pages that raise expectations and then are a fiasco.
If you want to get the most out of your Facebook I recommend the following:
- Add emojis and symbols to indicate the action to your fans and watch your results go up. On my fan page I always add arrows and it works great for me.
- Use Facebook headers as banners to promote your content. Do not forget to add the call to action button that Facebook offers you to have a more external click.
- Use the LikeAlyzer tool to see how optimized your fan page is. The good thing is that it will offer you tips to improve your page in a few minutes.
- Have the guide with all the measures for social networks at hand so that you always upload optimized content.
How to get traffic to your website from Facebook
It is clear that Facebook serves us as a channel to have a presence, but we also have to take advantage of it to bring traffic to our website or blog, where we will really have conversions. Next I will share all the techniques I use to drive traffic to my website.
- Share the best POSTS of my blog with different formats. With my fan page I sometimes use an image that repeats the headline and a text that includes a link; while other times I set up the Facebook link format and add a call to action button.
- Add a tab on your fan page to attract subscribers. With Mailchimp you can create it automatically.
- Launch Facebook Offers with your brand’s products and services.
- Share discounts and offers of your products and services.
- Create a good lead magnet (irresistible content that we offer in exchange for an email) to convert your fans into subscribers. For example: the Facebook course that I offer below this post will be my lead magnet to publish this content on my fan page.
- Create a teaser video of your content to motivate them to see the rest or to get more information on your website.
Analytics on Facebook
As in all social networks we must measure the results of our content. On Facebook we should put more emphasis on analytics, only in this way can we understand the tastes of our fans. My recommendations for analytics on Facebook are as follows:
- Master the main terms, for this I recommend my dictionary of metrics.
- Enter your Facebook analytics every day to see the results you are achieving.
- Analyze the unfollow rate following your posts to identify what content your audience does NOT like.
- Analyze the content format your fans prefer and create a new content strategy based on those results.
- Lean on third-party tools like Pirendo to obtain more complete reports. For example, you could monitor the increase in followers of your competition and your brand on a graph. If you want free reports use Simply Measured.
- Use customizable and personalized links to track your conversions. For example, with bit.ly you can shorten a link in a personalized way while tracking the clicks you receive.
If you want to make money with Facebook you have to read my Facebook Ads secrets:
- The first secret is that Facebook is NOT a channel to sell directly. This social network is NOT a magic support that will make you rich immediately. Facebook is the channel that will allow you to influence your audience, but then your landing page (blog, website, sales page) is where the magic has to happen. The best Facebook advertising strategy is to give something away in exchange for data and then sell it more calmly. Kimra, last year managed to earn 900 thousand dollars by investing 18 thousand dollars in Facebook Ads. Her strategy consisted of inviting you to her webinars and then she would sell you her products at the end of the online event.
- Use custom audiences for your campaigns, here are several ideas:
- Import your subscribers and reinforce the message of your latest campaign by making ads to them
- Export the users who have opened your last Email Marketing campaign to remind you of the LAST CALL
- Import the registered users of your mobile application to comment on your latest release
- Use pixel tracking to measure conversions. Let me explain, if you do a campaign to sell an e-book, add pixel tracking on the thank you for your purchase page so that Facebook shows you the conversions directly.
- Use pixel tracking to run an ad campaign for visitors to your website.
- Create super optimized landing pages to get better results with your investment in Facebook Ads. I recommend Leadpages, since I use this platform I get better conversions. On your landing page I invite you to put a single link (the conversion link), little text and good colors to seduce your audience.
- Analyze your advertising campaigns on Facebook with “Facebook Ad Compass” and discover what works best for you.
- Do A/B tests with your Facebook ads. For example, try changing the headline, description, or images.
- In a campaign, always try to create different images and then stick with the ones that get you the most conversions.
- Invest in your content and in your brand through Facebook and if you get good results, keep investing. Remember that by investing you not only earn conversions, you can gain traffic to your website, new subscribers and many other more qualitative things.